Stuffed Zucchini (or Stuffed Courgette) is a very delicious summer one-dish meal. The tender zucchini boats with seasoning stuffing and lot of sour cream are great for dinner or lunch.
Zucchini is cheap, simply to growing and great ingredient.
Servings: 4 people
- 3-4 small zucchinis (courgettes) (Lungo Bianco or any type)
- 400 grams ground pork
- 100 grams bread
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 egg
- 200 grams sour cream (Hungarian: tejföl)
- Hungarian paprika powder (sweet)
- 1 teaspoon dill (finely chopped)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Soak bread in water.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ℃ (375 °F).
- Cut two ends of zuccinis. Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise, remove the seed with a tablespoon and place them in a ovenproof dish, cut-side up.
- To make the stuffing, squeeze bread and in the large bowl mix it with ground pork, onion, egg, Hungarian paprika powder, salt, black pepper and dill.
- Spoon the meat stuffing into the zucchini boats, then top with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until zucchini is tender and meat is cooked.
Put lot of sour cream on the top and sprinkle with pinch of fresh dill, then serve.