Savoy Cabbage and Bacon Gratin or baked savoy cabbage is a really simple dish but this is my favorite.
- 800 grams savoy cabbage
- 60 grams bacon (or smoked ham) (diced)
- 200 ml double cream
- 400 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 150 grams gouda cheese (grated)
- Cook the savoy cabbage.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ℃ (375 °F).
- Carefully place the cooked savoy cabbage quarters in baking dish. Sprinkle with diced bacon.
- In large bowl mix eggs, double cream, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Pour the cream mixture over cabbage. Sprinkle with grated cheese on the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese browned.
Best way to cook savoy cabbage
Quarter the savoy cabbage and put in a pasta pot with strainer. Add water and salt than bring to boil under the lid. Cook 5 minutes and strain it.