The jostaberry’ taste is very special and it match well with the creamy and sweet cheesecake.
The jostaberry is smaller than a gooseberry but a bit larger than a blackcurrant. And its taste is between a gooseberry and a blackcurrant too. I think the blackcurrant flavor more dominant in the ripened fruit.
The jostaberry is edible both raw and cooked.
- Basics Non-Stick Springform Pan, 26 cm (9-Inch)
- 250 grams oat biscuits
- 80 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 450 grams mascarpone (cream cheese)
- 200 grams double cream
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams jostaberry (Remove the green part and the "beard".)
- Preheat the oven to 190 ℃ (375 °F).
- Break down teh biscuits into crumbs in a food processor than combine with teh melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the base of springform pan.
- Bake it for 5-7 minutes until make the cheesecake cream.
- In large bowl, using hand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs with powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Use hand mixer on low speed and add the mascarpone, double cream and vanilla extract. Beat it until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake cream on the baked base. Carefully put the half of jostaberries on the top of cheesecake.
- Bake the cheesecake for 20 minutes and sprinkle the rest of jostaberries on the top.
- Bake it for 20 minutes.
- If the cheesecake is completely cool in room temperature, cover and chill in the fridge overnight to set fully. Serve the next day.