Quick green pea soup made with fresh or frozen peas is ready in only 10 minutes. Do not cook peas for a long time because green peas lose their vibrant green colour. And you need a lot of garlic. The garlic is the soul of this soup.
Servings: 4 people
- ½ tablespoon sunflower (or canola) oil
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 450-500 grams green peas (frozen or fresh)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- a pinch of salt
- Slice 4 cloves of garlic.
- Put a medium pan on a medium high heat. Add the oil and sliced garlic. Cook and stir until just turning a light golden color at the garlic of the edge. Do not burn the garlic!
- Add the green peas, salt and and 1,2 litres (5 cups) of water, bring to a boil and cook for 6-7 minutes. When green peas are tender, do not cook more because green peas lose them vibrant green colour.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic and blend the soup with an immersion blender.
Serve the green pea soup with linseeds, black sesames, crispy fried onions, soup pearls or croutons.
Coconut milk can be replaced with double cream, but creamy green pea soup is tastier if it is made with coconut milk.