Easy Walnut Pie with homemade shortcrust pastry dough and walnut filling. Simple but very delicious.
Servings: 6 people
- 10-inch pie pan
- 250 grams plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 100 grams butter
- 4 eggs yolks
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 250 grams walnut (ground)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs whites
- 3 tablespoons (homemade) apricot jam
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar, salt, butter, eggs yolks and cold water. Quickly make a soft dough (by hand or in a processor).
- Cover the dough tightly in food wrap and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 185℃ (365°F).
- Roll out the dough and press in the pie pan.
- Spread the dough with apricot jam.
- Whisk eggs whites with sugar in a stand mixer until they become white and frothy.
- Add the ground walnuts and carefully stir it well.
- Fill the pie shell with the walnut filling.
- Bake at 185℃ (365°F) for 45 minutes than let it cool.