These walnut cookies are easy to make and with the layer of powdered sugar they are tipical holiday cookies. You just need a few simple ingredients to make the delicious walnut cookies.
- 250 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 250 grams walnut (grounded)
- 300 grams plain flour
- 150 grams sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons cold water
- a pinch of salt
- 2-3 teaspoons powdered sugar (to coat)
- In a large bowl mix the ground walnut, sugar, flour and pinch of salt.
- Add the soft butter and 3 tablespoons of cold water and mix (using stand mixer with paddle attachment).
- Shape the dough into a log and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190℃ (375°F).
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Slice the log into scant ½-inch thick rounds. Arrange the rounds on the baking sheets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until just turning a light golden color at the cookies' edge.
- When cookies are warm, sprinkle powdered sugar. Let them cool completely.