Tzatziki and the Hungarian cucumber salad with sour cream are very similar. Tzatziki is a refreshing sauce or a dip.
Salad or side dish for the chicken paprikash.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups cucumber grated
- 1 cup sour cream (Hungarian: tejföl) or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix the grated cucumber with the salt. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber between your hands to remove the moisture. Put the squeezed cucumber to a serving bowl.
- Add the sour cream and the perssed garlic to the cucumert. Mix it and serve.
Use small or medium cucumber for the tzatziki. No need to peel or seed the cucumber. Grate on the large holes of your box grater.