This creamy potatoes resembles the famous Hungarian potatos casserole, but it is much easy to made. The potatoes do not need to be pre-cooked and need just some ingredients.
Actually this is a ‘creamy au gratin potatoes’ with Hungarian sausages.
Servings: 4 people
- Glass casserole with glass lid
- 1500 grams potatoes peeled, thinly sliced
- 400 ml double cream
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 50 grams Hungarian sausage (or dried and smoked sausages), hot, sliced
- Arrange half the potato slices over the base of the casserole. Sprinkle it with salt and ground black pepper.
- Put the sausages slices on the top of potatoes.
- Continue layering with the remaining potato slices. Sprinkle it with salt and ground black pepper then pour it with double cream.
- Put the glass lid on the glass casserole and bake it in preheated oven (190 °C) for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
In the summer I really like creamy potato with Hungarian summer fermented cucumber (Hungarian: kovászos uborka) but my husband and kids eat the creamy potatoes with a lot of sour cream.
PS: I have a good and tried recipe for the Hungarian summer fermented cucumber.