The Chocolate Strawberry Cake is really chocolate with a lots of fresh strawberries. In my childhood my mother always made this simple Chocolate Strawberry Cake.
Servings: 6 people
Chocolate Sponge Cake
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 5 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of pinch of salt
- 49 grams Chocolate Pudding – Original Pudding by Dr. Oetker
- 3 dl milk
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ tablespoon cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 2 dl cream
- 250 grams strawberry slices
Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe
- Use a handheld electric whisk or a freestanding mixer to beat eggs and caster sugar together in a bowl until light in colour.
- Add the flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt. Mixing well but carefully.
- Pour the batter into the prepared (26 cm) cake tin and bake the cake for 25 minutes in a 180°C oven. The cake is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely.
Chocolate Cream recipe
- Mix the chocolate pudding, sugar and cacao powder. Add the milk. Cook over medium heat stirring it continuously. After it starts to boil cook it by stirring for 2 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Whisk the cream.
- Use a handheld electric whisk or a freestanding mixer and start stirring the cold pudding. Than add the whisked cream to pudding carefully.
- Put the Chocolate Cream on top of the Chocolate Sponge Cake.
- Put the strawberries slices on top of the cake.