The lentil chili con carne is not vegan, I just change the beans to the lentils. If you like the chili con carne, you like the lentil chili too.
Servings: 4 people
- 250 grams lentils (green or brown)
- 500 grams pork ground
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- half red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika powder (sweet)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- pinch of crushed chili (or 1 fresh jalapeno)
- 1 teaspoon carraway powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 grams tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon sunflower (or canola) oil
- Soak the lentils until a night.
- In fresh water cook the lentils with the bay leaves and the carraway powder. When the lentils has cooked, strain it.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the onion and the garlics than cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Place the pork, the red bell pepper in the pan, stir and cook until moisture is almost completely evaporated and meat is well browned. Season with salt, paprika powder, smoded paprika powder, cocoa powder and crushed chili.
- Add the tomato passata and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes and serve it.
I like the lentil chili con carne with the sour cream.