Cinnamon Orange Crackle Cookies are very special Christmas cookies. Cinnamon Orange Crackle Cookies have crunchy cover but them inside are soft and cinnamon and orange flavour. Every cookies are little bit Christmas.
Servings: 4 people
- 250 grams plain flour
- 100 grams caster sugar (+ 2 tablespoons sugar)
- 100 grams honey
- 1 egg
- 100 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- orange zest
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- In small bowl put 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- In large bowl mix butter, sugar and honey. Add the cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract and zest of orange.
- Add the egg and mix it well.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Stir it well. The dough will be soft.
- Make as little ball from the dough as a walnut. Roll each ball in sugar to coat.
- Space the balls on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until surfaces little bit crack, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
Cookies can be stored in airtight containers up to 3 days.