Chocolate crackle cookies (crinkles cookies) are popular holiday cookies in winter but are great any time of the year.
Servings: 4 people
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190 ℃. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl beat the butter, the eggs and the sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add ground ginger, vanilla extract, salt and cocoa powder and stir well.
- Add flour and baking powder. Stir and gently press until the dough will combine. This dough is very soft.
- Make 20 balls from the dough. Roll each ball in powdered sugar to coat.
- Bake in the oven for 12-13 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
Cookies can be stored in airtight containers up to 3 days.