This Lasagna Bolognes pretty much the best lasagna ever because it is a homemade version of the Italian classic.
Servings: 4 people
- 300 grams plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 dl water
- pinch of salt
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 800 grams ground pork
- 500 grams tomatoes diced or 1 can crushed tomato
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika powder (sweet)
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
Homemade pasta (Fresh pasta dough and noodles)
- Mix the flour, the egg, the salt and the water with a fork. And knead it.
- Wrap in plastic and let sit until ragú bolognese is made.
Ragú Bolognese (Bolognese sauce)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook slowly until the onions are clear and glassy.
- Place the pork, the red bell pepper and the carrot in the pan, stir and cook until moisture is almost completely evaporated and meat is well browned. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika powder.
- Add tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
- Season the sauce with oregano and stir.
- Let sauce a little bit cool.
Assemble the Lasagna Bolognese
- Make the lasagna pasta with pasta maker or rolling pin. (I make homemade dough with a rolling pin.) Need very thin noodle.
- Preheat oven: to 190 ℃ (375°F).
- Spread 1 ladle Ragú Bolognese in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with a thin layer of noodles, spread 1 ladle Ragú Bolognese and top with ¼ cup Parmesan. Repeat process.
- Finish the last layer with Ragú Bolognese and Parmesan.
- Bake lasagna until beginning to brown on top 40 minutes.
- Let lasagna sit 10-20 minutes before serving.