This is a special Sponge Cake, but really easy to make. The Sponge Cake with ground almond has a delicious taste and consistency.
When I was child, I made lot of Sponge Cake with my mother and grandmothers. There are need 4 ingredients for the basic Sponge Cake: eggs, flour, sugar and baking powder.
Usually I make the basic Sponge Cake but sometimes I use ground almond (or ground walnut).
The Sponge Cake with ground almond is a very delicouse with cream or strawberries, but it is more special, if I fill it with the ganach or different filling.
- Basics Non-Stick Springform Pan, 26 cm (10-Inch)
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon plain flour (or cake flour)
- 100 grams ground almond
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Stir the flour, the baking powder and 4 tablespoons of ground almond.
- Separate the eggs whites and yolks.
- Whisk eggs whites until they become white and frothy. Add the sugar little by little and continue beating until sugar dissolves.
- Add the eggs yolks and continue beating carefully.
- After that, add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and ground almond mix) and mix well with spatula.
- Preheat oven to 190 °C/375°F and bake the batten for 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool.