Homemade Harissa Powder is a great spices mix. I use this Harissa Powder as a rub for steaks, chicken, or even a fish and as additional spice for soups, spreads and dips.
Servings: 12 people
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika powder (sweet)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili (or dried, crushed jalapeno)
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground carraway seeds
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- Mix well all the ingredients and the Homemade Harissa Powder is done.
- Put the Homemade Harissa Powder in little jar and use the spices mix.
I do not add the salt to the Homemade Harissa Powder because I like precisely know the amount of salt in the foods. Harissa powder is a hot spice, but I just add a little chili. Choose a amount of chilli that suit your taste.