Cauliflower Rice is very easy-to-made and really healthy. I often use cauliflower rice in recipes that call for rice, such egg fried rice or pilaf.
The cauliflower rice pilaf is fragrant, delicious and holiday feast on simple weekday too. Switch the dried fruits and the nuts whatever you want, and feel free to customise the spices too.
This is a cauliflower rice so good and irresistible, you’ll be eating it straight out of the skillet!
Servings: 4 people
- 200 grams cauliflower (cauliflower florets)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower (or canola) oil
- 2 tablespoon sultanas
- 2 tablespoon mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix (cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, cardamon, saffron and black pepper)
- Place dry skillet over medium high heat and add the nuts. Toast lightly, shaking the pan, until the nuts smell amazing. Remove immediately.
- To make the cauliflower rice, pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- In a medium skillet heat oil and add the cauliflower rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and the cauliflower is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sultanas, ras el hanout spice and salt. Stir it well and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle it with roasted nuts and serve it.