This Apple Cake is a basic Apple Sponge Cake and it is my favourite apple-based dessert. I like it because this Apple Cake is very tasty and its recipe is very easy.
I’m going to show you how to make the easiest and the most delicious apple sponge cake. This is my family recipe.
- 1 oven dish (30 x 20 cm) or pie dish
- 3-4 apples
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams sugar (¾ cup)
- 60 grams all-purpose flour (½ cup)
- 1 teapsoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly grease the oven dish with butter.
- Core the apples and slice thinly. (I don't peel the apples, but you could peel them.)
- Sponge batter: beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the flour and baking powder and mix it carefully.
- Place sliced apples in the oven dish, sprinkle with cinnamon powder and cover with sponge mix.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.