The Christmas Pepparkakor or Gingersnaps is very popular Christmas cookie. It is very thin, crispy, delicately spiced and totally easy to make.
Servings: 8 people
- 100 grams butter (softened)
- 100 grams sugar
- 50 grams honey
- 200 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 180 ℃.
- In large bowl mix butter, sugar, honey, vanilla extrac, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, cocoa powder and zest from an orange.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix it well then knead the dough quickly. (If the dough is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.)
- The dough is stretched to about 1 mm thin on baking paper.
- Cut the thin dough first into strips, then into squares, then into triangles.
- Pull the baking paper with the cuted dough on the baking tray.
- Bake 15-17 minutes. Let cool them on the baking paper.
After baking the cookies are soft, but after cooling they will be crispy.