Mushroom Stew is a very good meatless stew. Delicious and easy to make.
Oyster mushrooms are not named for their flavor, but for the way they grow and them shape of the cap wich ressambles the bivalve of the same name.
This Oyster Mushroom Stew have a mild mushroom’s flavour, spicey and meaty texture. If you add more chilli, you can call it Oyster Mushroom Curry too.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- ½ red bell pepper (chopped)
- 300 grams Oyster Mushroom
- 2 teaspoons harissa powder
- 1 teaspoon tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (Hungarian: tejföl)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower (or canola) oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Clean and half mushrooms. Trim and chopped tough stems.
- In medium pan heat oil and add the onion and red bell peppers. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add harissa powder, stir it well than add 1 cup cold water.
- Toss the mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato passata and sour cream. Bring to a boil and serve.