Zucchini (Courgette) fritters are the best summer dish. Easy to make, simple course but very delicious.
Courgette fritters is an easy zucchini recipe. The zucchini-oatmeal-egg mixture gives the zucchini fritters a neutral tasting but excellent texture. I really like the onion in it, so I always put spring onions (or onions) in the Courgette fritters.
Sometimes I put also fresh chili or jalapeno, crushed garlic or chopped parsley in the courgette fritters’ mixture.
I eat the courgette fritters with sour cream. Often I put crushed garlic, ground red pepper or garam masala in the sour cream.
- 2 medium zucchinis (courgettes) shredded
- 2 small spring onions (or onions) diced
- 300 grams old fashioned oats ground, use food processor
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- sunflower (or canola) oil
- In a large bowl, mix courgettes (zucchini) and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze courgettes dry.
- Mix the courgettes, onion, eggs, oats, black pepper and remaining salt.
- In a large pan, heat a little bit (1 tablespoon) of oil over medium heat. Put 1/2 cup mixture into the pan and press carefully.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.