My family love the butternut squash soup. This recipe is easy to make and quick. You need just 5 ingredients for the ultimate butternut squash soup.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 kg Butternut Squash (peeled and deseeded)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 ml double cream
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- a pinch of salt
- Cut the butternut squash and the onion into large cubes.
- Put the squash and the onion in a large pot, add a pinch of salt and pour enough cold water to cover it. Bring it boil than reduce the heat than cover it. Cook until the squash is tender.
- Add fresh ground black pepper and double cream then use an immersion blender puree the mixture until smooth.
Serve it warm with fresh ground black pepper. For the vegan butternut squash soup the double cream could be replaced with coconut milk.