Spinach and Wild Garlic Quiche is very delicious. Usually I make it every spring when we find wild garlic in the woods and we can harvest the first fresh spinach in our garden.
The spinach and the wild garlic are perfect match each other.
The wild garlic has a mild garlic flavor and if necessary can be replaced with 1-2 cloves of garlic. The spinach and garlic quiche is also perfect.
- 1 Quiche Pan (non-stick, removable loose bottom)
For Quiche Pastry
- 125 grams butter
- 250 grams plain flour
- 1 eggs yolks (Put the egg white in the filling.)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- pinch of salt
For Quiche Spinach and Wild Garlic Filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 grams spinach (fresh and small leaves)
- 100 grams wild garlic
- pinch of salt
- 100 grams swiss chard (grated)
- Mix the butter, flour, egg yolk and cold water by hand or into the food processor. Work quickly and do not knead the dough.
- Cover the dough tightly in food wrap and put in the fridge for half or 1 hour.
- Heating the oven to 190℃ (375°F).
- Roll out the dough and put in the quiche pan. Press the pastry into the form and lightly prick the bottom with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Quiche Spinach and Wild Garlic Filling
- While the quiche pastry bakes, make the quiche filling.
- Mix the eggs, egg white, double cream and salt.
- Cut small strips the spinach and the wild garlic. Sprinkle the baked quiche pastry with them.
- Pour the eggs-cream mix into the quiche pastry case.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese on the top.
- Bake it for 30 minutes in the oven.