This Lemon Blueberry Cake starts like an italian lemon sponge cake but the fresh and juicy blueberries give more taste. Quick and easy to make.
Tip: In summer heat a slice of Lemon Bluberry Cake is very great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- 1 square cake pan (30 cm x 40 cm/12 in x 16 in)
- 250 grams butter
- 250 grams sugar
- 6 eggs
- 400 grams plain flour
- fresh lemon zest from 2 lemons
- lemon juice from zest lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250 grams blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 190℃ (375°F).
- Line the cake pan with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Add eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract and stir it well.
- Add flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir it well.
- Add the lemon juice and combine well.
- Coat the fresh blueberries with about 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle blueberries on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.