Sweet Quark Dumplings (Hungarian: Túrógombóc) is very popular sweet or second course after goulash soup. The good Quark Dumplings are light and not too sweet.
- 500 grams quark (Hungarian: túró)
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams semolina
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sunflower (or canola) oil
- sour cream (Hungarian: tejföl)
- powdered sugar
- In large bowl mix quark, eggs, semolia, salt and sugar. Let the mixture rest for at least 30 minutes to allow the semolina to swell slightly.
- In the large skillet roast the breadcrumbs in the oil.
- Bring water to boiling.
- Form 12 dumplings from the mixture with wet hands.
- Lower the dumlings into the boiling water and simmer for about 10 minutes, the dumplings should rise to the surface.
- Out of the water and strained the dumplings and roll them in the toasted breadcrumbs.
In restarurants sometimes they serve the Quark Dumplings with the powdered cinnamon and sugar mixture. I think them better wihtout cinnamon.