Hummus is an excellent dip for veggies or chips. Easy to make and just need 6 ingredients. The secret of the best hummus is the good tahini that could make it at home.
Servings: 4 people
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 450 grams chickpeas (can)
- ½ cup tahini
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon (freshly squeezed lemon juice)
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- Preparing the tahini paste by simply blending together toasted sesame seeds and sesame oil. Use a food processor.
- The toasted sesame seeds are easy to make. Roast the classic basic sesame seeds on a dry frying pan for just about 3-4 minutes on medium heat until they start releasing them flavour and are just about to turn light brown in colour.
- Strain the canned chickpeas.
- Place the (cooked) chickpeas, homemade tahini, lemon juice, garlic, sesame oil and pinch of salt in a food processor .
- Blend it for about 3-5 minutes, until becomes a smooth cream.
If not using the hummus straightaway, refrigerate until needed. Transfer the hummus to a bowl and cover it. This hummus will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Serve the hummus with vegetables or as a dip with tortilla chips. Optionally, to serve it, on top with a layer of extra virgin olive or sesame oil and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
CategoriesLunch & Dinner