Homemade Elderflower Syrup (Elderflower Cordial) is the taste of summer. Fragran and refreshing.
Making Elderflower Syrup (Elderflower Cordial) at home is very easy but use blossoms that are fully opened and not browning. Cut as much of the stems away from the cluster of flowers as possible. Remove any insects or debris from the elderflower blossoms but do not wash them because they will lose a lot of flavor.
- 1,5 gallon (5 l) glass jar
- 50-60 elderflower heads stalks trimmed
- 1500 grams sugar
- 2 lemons unvaxed
- 30 grams citric acid food-grade
- Boil 5 liters water and let it cool.
- Slice the lemons.
- Put the elderflower heads, sugar, sliced lemons and the citric acid in the glass jar.
- Pour the cool water into the jar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cover the jar with paper towel and leave to infuse for 3 days. Sometimes stir it well.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-meshed sieve lined.
- The fresh Elderflower Syrup (The Elderflower Cordial) is ready to create the Elderflower Lemonade.